Labels

Monday, August 09, 1971

First Week at Dorion Bible Camp 1971

.

Taken verbatim from my 1971 diary:

Sun. Aug. 1 - Arrived at D.B.C.. Had supper. Had a campfire.

Mon. Aug. 2 - Went to Chapel Played field hockey Bought a Gospel Glove Bible Drill champ today

Tue. Aug. 3 - Went swimming Had Beef etc. for lunch. Went on cookout

Wed. Aug. 4 - Had lunch outside Got 10. Got letter from Mum.

Thu. Aug. 5 - Had Field Day 4th in 1/2 mile run. Saw skits tonight. Did archery. 2 in blue. 1 in Black.

Fri. Aug. 6 - Got 3rd 10. Had treasure hunt. Had talent show. Steve, Paul leaving

Sat. Aug. 7 - 4th 10 Got Free pop. Bought Al candy. Did speech at Banquet. Gave testimony.

[Note in blank space: "DBC - Dorion Bible Camp"]

Sun. Aug. 8 - A. Mum and Dad went to chapel at D.B.C. then took us home. Went to A. & W. and Dairy Queen

------------------

Note that this was the week I "asked Jesus into my heart". However, I guess it didn't rate up there with "had Beef etc. for lunch."

------------------

On Mon. May 24 that year there was no school (presumably to celebrate Bob Dylan's birthday). DBC had an open house, and that would have been my first time ever on that location:

"No school. Went to look at Dorion Bible Camp. Went fishing Was pouring. Had lunch at Dorion Bible Camp."

I'm entirely sure of the dates of these pix, but I think this is right:

1971

1972

These are definitely not 1971, because in '71 I was in Parkdale Place, and these have me in Tumble Inn. I believe I did not attend in 1973.

.

No comments: